Pages

August 23, 2013

A Few of My Favorite Things

Raindrops on roses
and whiskers on kittens
Bright copper kettles 
and warm woolen mittens
Brown paper packages tied up with string
These are a few of my favorite things...

To say I am well versed in all things Sound of Music is probably an understatement.  Growing up, I watched that movie more times than I can count and it still remains one of my favorite old films today!  Following the lead of Maria I am sharing just a few of my favorite things....from Etsy, from blogs, from my bookshelf, from pretty much anywhere! 


http://homefries.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/simplemomart_650.jpg

When I pull out my supplies and transform my kitchen table into a studio each night, this podcast is the first thing that gets turned on.  Maybe it's just me, but I love listening to Tsh, the creator, and her co-hosts chat about pretty much anything: motherhood, traveling, running a home business, life in general.  It's pretty awesome.  I also happen to think that Tsh (also the creator behind simplemom.net) is pretty amazing.  She has a love for traveling, which I share (her and her husband and kids lived in the middle east for several years), and I find her entrepreneurial spirit  and love of simplicity completely inspiring!


2. Steal Like An Artist by Austin Kleon

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51B3zEFka3L._SX260_PJlook-inside-v2,TopRight,1,0_SH20_.jpg


I picked this little book up at the library a few weeks ago and oh my gosh, I love it.  If you are a creator or writer, read this book.  One of my favorite quotes from this book is: 

"Copy your heroes.  Examine where you fall short.  What's in there that makes you different?  Merely imitating your heroes is not flattering them.  Transforming their work into something of your own is how you flatter them.  Adding something to the world that only you can add."

Reading this book inspired me to create, to find ways to take what I see around me and make it my own.  We all have something unique to offer the world and I think this book encourages that and helps you find ways to keep being creative.  Love it!



I am so ready for Fall, you don't even know.  I'm thinking one of these would be perfect in a month or so...

https://img0.etsystatic.com/020/1/7439447/il_570xN.479324598_ralk.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment